Infrared Transmitters Cross-Duct Infrared Flammable Gas Detector
£10108.80 inc vat £8,424.00 excl vat
Honeywell Searchline Excel 2104N4214
Require Install, Commissioning, Calibration or Servicing?
Safety Gear Store are able to install, commission and service your fixed gas detection system. We offer a professional service from fully trained, certified and manufacturer approved engineers, we are also one of the only suppliers with engineers that carry spares in their vehicles to ensure a quick and efficient service that will enable you to continue using your facility.
For more information on what we offer please visit one of the below pages:
Fixed Gas Detection System Install and Commissioning
Fixed Gas Detection System Calibration and Servicing
Excel Cross Duct is a Hazardous Area certified infrared open path gas detector, for use in HVAC intakes and exhausts.
There are 2 types:
- Short Range for ducts 0.5m – 2.5m width (ATEX and UL) and Long Range for ducts 2.5m – 5.0m width (ATEX ONLY).
- Hazardous area approvals include European (ATEX) and North American (UL). Receiver output is 3 wire 4-20mA selectable sink or source.
Standard calibration is Methane (gas mixtures where Methane is the main constituent (>70%) and the balance is other hydrocarbons).
The DX termination unit (UL only) provides convenient mounting and field wiring connections as well as an intrinsically safe connection socket for the Handheld Interrogator. Additionally, the DX termination unit (UL only) allows for a multi drop Modbus RS485 interface. The Handheld Interrogator is a commissioning / maintenance tool and is certified for use in hazardous areas. For direct connection to the Excel system, the SHC protection device module must be used.
It is important to ensure the suitability of an application for Excel Cross-Duct before ordering. Alarm levels should be set no lower than 20%LEL for the short range unit and 10% for the long range unit. The installation must be made where it is protected from dirt and condensation. Regular routine maintenance should include cleaning the reflector tiles, re-zeroing and functional test using the test filters. If in any doubt about suitability for an application, contact Safety Gear Store for further guidance.
Product featured is:
2104N4214 Excel cross-duct gas detection system, short range (0.5 to 2.5m), 4 to 20mA (source) and Modbus outputs, ATEX/IECEx, fully wired with flexible conduit, electro polished 316SS. Includes detection block, single tile heated reflector panel, Ex e junction box with M20/M25 cable entries and 316SS mounting plate. Methane calibration only.
Accessories available in this range include:
- 2440K0004 Duct mounting kit for use with UL approved short range cross duct systems. Comprises DX100M, junction box and flexible conduit.
- 2441-0027 8 terminal junction box for remote mounted cross duct systems ( 3 x 3/4"NPT entries)
- 00780-A-0100 Honeywell Junction Box- Bartec OTB122 With Continuity Plate 1 X 25mm - 3 X 20mmEntries - ATEX Approved
- 2104B0715 Heated Reflector Panel for Short Range ATEX
- 2104B0717 Heated Reflector Panel for Short Range UL Certified
- 2104B0716 Heated Reflector Panel for Long Range ATEX
- 2104D0752 Reflector Panel Heater HSG 1 TILE
- 2104D0850 Reflector Panel Heater HSG 4 TILE
- 2104D2505 Mounting plate, Cross-Duct, Stainless Steel
- 2104D2506 Support strap, Cross-Duct mounting plate
- 2104D2542 Support strap, Cross-Duct retro-reflector for Long Range
- 2104D2541 Support strap, Cross-Duct retro-reflector for Short Range
Hand Held Interrogators
- 04230-A-1001 Hand Held Interrogator ATEX Certified for Searchpoint Optima Plus and SearchlineExcel
- 2104B2351 Hand Held Interrogator UL Certified for Searchpoint Optima Plus and SearchlineExcel
- 2108B1455 Hand Held Interrogator CSA Certified for Searchpoint, Optima Plus and SearchlineExcel
- 04230-A-1025 SHC protection device module and lead
- 2104B6250 SHC Calibrator Connector System 10m