Honeywell Searchline Excel Plus and Edge
NEW "Best in Class" 1,082' Path Length Open Path IR Hydrocarbon Detector from Honeywell Analytics.
Honeywell Analytics is launching the new Searchline Excel Plus/Edge infrared hydrocarbon detector on September 1st, 2021, which is a VERY significant performance evolution for open path infrared hydrocarbon detectors in the gas detection industry.
The IR light source and receiver optics have improved so much that the maximum operating distance has taken a giant leap from the previous 650 maximum operating distance to a new maximum of 1,082 feet. The closest competitor on the market is limited to a maximum distance of 650 feet. That says a lot about the huge performance gain of the Searchline Excel Plus and Edge optics design at providing greatly increased protection against interference from fog, rain, and steam.
●Expanded operating distance to 1082 feet. Especially great for perimeter fence line monitoring. With competitive brands, you'd have to install 2 or 3 sets of open path detectors to get the coverage of one Honeywell Searchline Excel Edge.
●Simplicity of design means far less complicated assembly. The mounting bracket comes fully assembled, with only one bolt required to install the IR Source or IR Receiver. It's compact and simple and can accommodate mounting to a wide variety of mounting posts, I-beams, and flat surfaces.
●Large improvements to the optics design allow Searchline Excel Plus and Edge to thrive in the harshest outdoor hazardous area environments, significantly outperforming every other open path hydrocarbon detector on the market at battling fog, rain, and steam.
●LED Light Ring for at-a-glance visual status communication. The IR receiver features a unique bright LED Light Ring that changes color depending on its status.
Green = Normal. Red = Alarm, Yellow = Fault, Orange = Inhibit, Blue = Bluetooth Connected.
The IR Source has a green LED Light Ring to confirm that power is supplied. These are easy to see at great distances, keeping everyone aware of potential hazards or of a product or site issue that requires attention.
●Bluetooth connection to Android Tablet. Using the Honeywell app, you can access detectors within 30 feet to configure, commission, troubleshoot, test, and generate a variety of automated detailed reports. When you connect with an IR Receiver, its LED Light Ring flashes blue, followed by steady blue once Bluetooth communication has been established. There is no more simple, clear, intuitive, and informative communication interface for an open path hydrocarbon detector on the market.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Patented, high dynamic range, transmission and reception technology; no moving parts. Delivers safety coverage even in limited visibility
• Fast response to flammable Hydrocarbon gas, covering 2 m to 120 m detection range
• High-end coaxial measurement and dual reference with complex filtering and advanced algorithms delivers best-in-class detection of flammable Hydrocarbon gases in real world environments. Robust detection, even in limited visibility, provides vastly improved and unbeatable uptime
• Complements Honeywell point and ultrasonic gas detectors with common mounting and commissioning and maintenance tools. Enables mixed technology detection layer approach and is supported by Honeywell flame detection for next layer
• No field calibration required, just simple bump test
• Low maintenance
• Built-in health test and logging
• Automatic optimal alignment test monitors the Searchline ExcelTM Plus Tx/Rx pair for optimal alignment allowing operators to maintain highest levels of performance
• Robust, painted, stainless steel housing
• Honeywell Fixed Platform Universal Mount with graduated 3 degrees of movement and fine adjustment enables simple mechanical installation and alignment
• Advanced alignment scope enables simple, robust, one-person alignment
• Two compartments (Ex de) with separate electro-optical module from connections to enable simple electrical installation without disturbing sensing electronics. Supports worldwide installation practices
• Electro-optical compartment and module enable quick replacement in the event of a fault, without any need for field calibration
• Worldwide approvals for hazardous areas including ATEX, IECEx, cULus, FM, INMETRO, CCCF; Ex d; Zone 1, ClassII/III
• Marine approvals
• SIL2 certified to EN61508 by TÜV (SÜD)
• Performance certified ANSI/FM/IEC/ EN60079-29-4
• Ingress protection IP66/67, Type 4X
• Industry standard 4-20mA output; HART®, Modbus and Bluetooth® communication
• Relay outputs including Fault relay, Alarm 1 and 2 relays
• High visibility green/yellow/red/blue LED HALO ring shows instrument status
• Bluetooth®-enabled to allow set-up and interrogation from ground level using Honeywell Fixed Platform Application on IS mobile device. Range of up to 20 m (mobile device dependent)
• Simplified test filters and gassing cell enables set-up and bump test with the Honeywell Fixed Platform App
• Full logging and auto-reporting of faults, alarms, commissioning and maintenance actions
Excel Plus Data Sheet
Searchline Excel Plus brochure