Guardian FFM & Buddy Phone Comms Package
Included in this Bundle:
- OTS Guardian Full Face Mask
- Buddy Phone Through-Water Transceiver (1/2 Watt Output Power) 2 Chanel
The Guardian line of Full-Face Masks (FFMs) is OTS’ most recent and popular innovation. Designed to meet the demanding needs of today’s Commercial/Professional Diver, it leverages the best features found on other FFMs with unique features designed by OTS. The second stage regulator is horizontally mounted close to the diver’s face and this design minimises the difference in ambient pressure exerted on the second stage diaphragm and on the diver’s body irrespective of the diver’s position - eliminating the need for manual adjustments.
A locking mechanism secures the second stage to the mask to allow removal for post-dive cleaning and storage. As a safety precaution, the locking mechanism is located inside the mask to prevent accidental release during diving. Another noteworthy design feature is the use of a double face seal. This allows a single mask to fit more faces. No more use of rubber tubing to fit smaller faces, measuring faces to order the right size FFM or not being able to share masks amongst large and smaller faced divers.
This package includes the Buddy Phone. The Buddy Phone® D2 is a digital, micro-miniature, ultrasonic transceiver allowing communication between two or more scuba divers or surface stations. Using “Digital Signal Processing” (DSP) techniques, the Buddy Phone produces uncompromising speech clarity. The Buddy Phone® D2 differs from the standard Buddy Phone in that it is digitally controlled and has some fantastic new features such as: a voice menu to guide you, adjust your volume, change from Channel A to Channel B or put the Buddy Phone in a continuous voice transmission mode.
- Weight in Air - 8.1 oz
- Maximum Operating Depth - 130 feet in sea water (fsw)
- Earphone - Ceramic
- Battery Type - Alkaline 9V. Batteries not included.
- Microphone - ME-16R Hot-Mic (Dynamic) or Super Mic (Standard)(Ceramic)
- Automatic Gain Control - Greater than 80 dB
- Transducer - Ceramic cylinder
- Audio Bandwidth - 300 to 3,000 Hz
- Made of a one-piece, non-rigid silicone skirt combined with injection-moulded, high-impact, glass-filled ABS plastic frame and regulator housing
- A double face seal and slightly smaller oral nasal cavity to fit most faces
- Equalization occurs through a nose block.
- Air flow is directed up over the visor to eliminate fogging and through one-way valves in the oral nasal pocket to reduce CO2 retention.
- Removable 2nd stage for easy cleaning and storage (can't be used w/o mask)