OTS Guardian Full Face Mask
The Guardian line of Full-Face Masks (FFM) is OTS' most recent innovation. Designed to meet the demanding needs of today's Commercial/Professional Diver, it leverages the best features found on other FFMs with unique features designed by OTS.
The second stage regulator is horizontally mounted close to the diver’s face. This design minimizes the difference in ambient pressure exerted on the second stage diaphragm and on the diver’s body irrespective of the diver’s position—eliminating the need for manual adjustments.
A locking mechanism secures the second stage to the mask to allow removal for post-dive cleaning and storage. As a safety precaution, the locking mechanism is located inside the mask to prevent accidental release during diving. Another noteworthy design feature is the use of a double face seal. This allows a single mask to fit more faces. No more use of rubber tubing to fit smaller faces, measuring faces to order the right size FFM, or not being able to share masks amongst large and smaller faced divers.
The Guardian FFM comes in the following colour combinations (skirt/hardware):
- Removable 2nd stage for easy cleaning and storage (can't be used w/o mask)
- Made of a one-piece, non-rigid silicone skirt combined with injection-moulded, high-impact, glass-filled ABS plastic frame and regulator housing
- A double face seal and slightly smaller oral nasal cavity to fit most faces
- Equalization occurs through a nose block.
- Air flow is directed up over the visor to eliminate fogging and through one-way valves in the oral nasal pocket to reduce CO2 retention.
- 2nd stage comes off the right shoulder and uses a standard LP hose
- Includes a communications port for easy installation of a Buddy Phone® or ear/microphone assembly to connect an Diver Communications Unit such as the Aquacom® SSB-2010
- Includes Ambient Breathing Valve®, Mask Bag, and LP hose
Equalizer Wire Instructions
Ambient Breathing Valve Instructions