OTS Spectrum Full Face Mask
The Spectrum is the best Full Face Mask (FFM) to mount your 2nd-Stage Regulator. The Spectrum Mask from OTS has created the best of both worlds for divers. You can enjoy the benefits and luxury of a FFM while also using your own regulators, thus eliminating the large costs usually associated with Full Face Masks. Ocean Technology Systems say they've created the best FFM on the market and it's the Spectrum. With add on options such as the Ambient Breathing Valve to conserve air at the surface, mounts, brackets for adding cameras or lights and communications to stay connected, you now have the option to build your mask how you want it or stick with the bare necessities.
Simple Method to Adapt Your Own Regulator.
OTS' Spectrum Full Face Mask enables you to easily adapt your own regulator to the mask. It does so by eliminating the bite down mouthpiece and tying your reg in with the rest of the FFM, it's simple. Some of the best features of our other Full Face Masks are provided by the Spectrum:
- You can more easily avoid having a dry mouth or jaw fatigue
- It offers clear communications (optional)
- It has a a better fit due to the double seal
- The five-point head harness provides a comfortable and adjustable fit, but still allows easy release in the event of an emergency
The Spectrum offers exceptional viewing and a wide field of vision. The Spectrum FFM is designed for water temperatures below 10°C and it's suitable for cold-water diving applications, however, please remember that ultimately the 2nd stage regulator being used dictates its cold water performance.
What certifications does the Spectrum FFM have?
Tested to a maximum diving depth of 50m according to EN 250:2014**
Tested for diving applications with breathing air according to EN12021
Tested according to the European standard EN 250:2014**
**EN250:2014 refers to the 2014 European Standard for Respiratory equipment Open Circuit Self-Contained Air Diving Apparatus.
**Please note the Spectrum is officially CE certified.
How would I install a 2nd stage regulator into the Spectrum Full Face Mask?
- Firstly, if there's a bit mouth piece installed in the second stage regulator, remove it.
- Insert the second stage regulator mouthpiece tube into the regulator port through the front of the Spectrum FFM.
- Now install a military standard (MS3367-7-0) zip tie tightly around second stage regulator, ensure that it wraps around and fastens the mouthpiece tube securely to the Spectrum FFM.
Which 2nd stage regulators are compatible with the Spectrum FFM?
The regulator port of the Spectrum FFM allows regulators from 3/16" x 5/8" and sizes up to 1-7/16" x 13/16". This means most standard 2nd stages should be compatible.
How easy is it to equalise in the OTS Spectrum?
You can simply pinch your nose to equalise in the Spectrum FFM, unlike the OTS Guardian and Stealth FFMs.
Why does the Spectrum FFM have a coated lens option?
The "tinted" (iridium) lens isn't an orange tint, we know it does look like one on the photos. The Coated lens on the OTS Spectrum is a blue lens tint with an orange reflective, similar to Iridium tinted sunglasses. If you are diving predominantly in tropical waters with a lot of sunlight, this coated lens is perfect. Not only does it look good, it'll help you improve visibility and reduce glare. You can replace the glass if you don't like it or if you wanted to try the tinted lens.
What materials is the Spectrum Full Face Mask made from?
The skirt is manufactured from hypoallergenic silicone rubber while the upper and lower visor clamps made from black polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) and the 5-point head harness made from EPDM a natural rubber blend. The inner frame, buckles and buckle locks are manufactured from glass filled Zytel®.
Warranty Information: This product has a limited warranty of 12 months. For more information about service and repairs, please contact us at Safety Gear Store on 0800 678 5708 for further assistance.
- Full Face Mask (FFM) design
- Visor Provides an Exceptional and Wide Field of Vision
- Secure 5-point head harness
- Suitable for cold water diving applications
- Coated tempered glass/Iridium safety visor
- Silicone Skirt
- Black Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) Upper / Lower Visor Clamps
- Tempured glass or Iridium visor / lens
- EPDM (natural rubber blend) Strap and Mask
- Glass filled Zytel® buckles and buckle locks
- Glass filled Zytel® inner frame